TablePress is a free, open source plugin for WordPress blogging site. It helps you to build and maintain tables on your website, without any information about coding.
A simple GUI allows for fast editing of table data. Your tables will contain data of any kind, such as numbers, text, images, links and even math formulas!
Additionally functions such as
- Searching and more features allowed for visitors to your site.
- Even you can import Excel sheets
HOW TO INSTALL TABLEPRESS
Follow the steps below to install and use TablePress plugin
STEP 1: ADD NEW PLUGIN
Go to the plugins section and click over Add New
Plugins → Add New
STEP 2: INSTALL TABLEPRESS PLUGIN
Search (1) for the plugin you are looking for, Here TablePress. Then click Install Now
STEP 3: ACTIVATE TABLEPRESS PLUGIN
Once you installed TablePress plugin Click over Activate (1). Check ratings and number of active Installation of plugin, this will let you know how much popular is this.
Another important think before to Install plugin, check is it compatible to your wordpress version, if it’s not then don’t try it with your site.
STEP 4: VIEW PLUGIN DETAILS
You can view details about plugin from here (see in image), This will give you an idea how you can use that plugin.
STEP 5: ADD NEW TABLE IN TABLE PRESS
Add New Table under TablePress → Add New (1). Enter Table name (2) and number of rows and columns (3) then click over Add Table (4)
- Table Name – SAMPLE TABLE
- Number of Rows – 4
- Number of Columns – 3
STEP 6: INSERT DATA IN TABLE
Enter data in table (1), in 3 columns (A, B, C) and 4 rows (1, 2, 3, 4) which we created. There you see Shortcode (2) which is like [Table id=1 /]. This shortcode is used where you want to insert table in post / page.
STEP 7: TABLE OPTIONS TABLEPRESS
Here you will see table options & features
- Table Head Row – If Check, Show first row of the table as table header, this makes first row as heading.
- Table Foot Row – If Check, Show last row of the table as table footer, this makes last row as heading.
- Alternating Row colors – If Check, Background of consecutive rows will be different.
- Row Hover Highlighting – If Check, Change color if user hover over a row
- Print Table Name – Check, If you want to print table name in post
- Print Table Description – Check, If you want to print table description in post
- Extra CSS Classes – this is used by developers who have some knowledge in CSS and prgramming. Using this you can add more designing features in table.
- Sorting – Allow user to sort any column
- Search/Filtering – Gives user an advantage by providing search box to search for table and find term looking for.
- Pagination – If you have a long table you can decide how much rows you want to display on page. If 10 select then only 10 will be visible at first sight.
- Pagination Length Change – This allows user to change pagination length in 10, 25, 50 and 100, according to their convenience.
- Info – Shows information about table, like 3 rows out of 10 are visible.
- Horizontal Scrolling – allows user to scroll horizontally, if number of columns are more than exceeds web page width.
- Custom Commands – For advanced use only.
STEP 8: INSERT SHORTCODE
Copy the shortcode [Table id=1 /] of the table and paste it where you want to show table.
STEP 9: OUTPUT
See output how your table looks like on a page.