You can easily install WordPress using CPanel by following steps below.
Note: If you don’t have purchased domain and web hosting then read this tutorial FREE DOMAIN & WEB HOSTING
1) LOGIN TO YOUR CPANEL
There you will see login page for C-Panel, enter your login credentials.
2) CPANEL MAIN PAGE
After login you will see main page like this
3) SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER INSTALL WORDPRESS
Scroll down and reach to section Scripts under “Softaculous apps installer” there you find WordPress open it.
After you click, It looks like this
4) INSTALL WORDPRESS USING CPANEL
Once you completed the last step, Click over Install where you get 2 options one is Quick Install and other is Custom Install.
You can select any option but I will go with Custom Install.
After clicking Custom Install you will have another screen where you need to choose between options. Let understand each block
a) Software Setup
Choose the version you want to install:
- Here you can select any available version of WordPress, I recommend latest version, So I select version 5.3.2 as of date 30/03/2020.
Choose Installation URL:
- Here you can select protocol for your website, I choose “https://” Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure for my website.
- You can choose between available domain, select your Main Domain or any Sub-Domain for which you want to install WordPress.
- Then directory, by-default it is wp, but you can delete if your don’t want this directory for your website. Directory is actually path, for example if you let it to default & create website then user have to visit URL: “abc.com/wp” to reach your content.
Recommended: Remove wp and felt it blank
b) Site Settings
Site Name: Here enter your website name, suppose if you buy a domain gadgetguru.com, then obviously your business name is Gadget Guru and it should by your Site Name
Site Description: Enter a line which describes about your business. Like Complete Gadget Guide etc.
c) Admin Account
Admin Username: Enter a user name which you for login, for now leave it default “admin”, You can change it any time after creating website
Admin Password: Create a strong password of your choice.
Admin Email: Leave it default as admin@domain_name.com, also it can be change after website creation.
Then leave all as default & jump to “Select theme” section
d) Select Theme
WordPress gives an advantage of selecting theme, which suits your purpose, from their huge theme collection. You can change themes after you created website, it is so simple to do with WordPress. Select any theme for now we will discuss it later.
I am selecting EduExpert, then click Install.
e) Install WordPress
Once you click Install, Installation will start.
When installation finished you will this message
Congratulations, the software was installed successfully
WordPress has been successfully installed at :
Administrative URL : https://new.dairysuvidha.com/wp-admin/
One is your website link while other one for managing website. Which is used by admin and/or co-workers.
Now learn how to login and start with wordpress.
Read Next: Start with wordpress tutorial.
TUTORIAL SEQUENCE TO FOLLOW
- What is WordPress?
- Install WP Using C-Panel
- WordPress Tutorial (CMS Guide)
- Website base creation: Appearance → Themes
- Difference between Page & Post
- How to Add Pages in WordPress
- Add Posts in WordPress